As we head into another Spring/Summer season in Kerry, our minds turn to what we can do with our weekends and holiday time with family and friends. Last year we shared some local places to visit on Annascaul’s doorstep, and this year our attention turns to exploring the local county a little more. Many of the places on our list are only 30 to 50 minutes drive away from ‘BaseCamp’ Annascaul and include the following:
- Muckross House, Garden and Farm – Muckross
- Dingle Ocean World – Dingle
- Blasket Island Centre – Duinquin
- Ross Castle – Killarney
- The Aquadome – Tralee
- Crag Cave – Castleisland
- Blennerville Windmill – Blennerville
- National Museum of Irish Transport – Killarney
- Dingle Museum – Ballyferriter
- Play At Heights – Milltown, Dingle
- Tralee Eco Park – Tralee
We also hope to get out to the Blaskets on a fine day for a ramble and to take some photographs.
We want to share only genuine ‘first-person’ experiences of Kerry locations and activities with our readers; if you would like to contribute an article and photos/video for any of the above places please get in touch. Call Peter, 087 9767812.